Teach for Christ trains and places young adults to serve on mission in Catholic schools as tutors, teachers, coaches, marketers, and mentors - while acquiring the skills professional employers are looking for. Join our dynamic and passionate team of recent college graduates leading Catholic school students to success and to Christ.
A year in the life...
1. Educator Details: Upon acceptance into the 2018-19 cohort, our Educators are set up with community housing, meals, transportation, and monthly stipend for the entire year.
2. Summer Training: Our 2018-19 Educator cohort begins their mission year in June with a mini-retreat and orientation, followed by ten weeks of training (including lots of hands on experience) learning the best educational practices, as well as the economics and management of Catholic schools.
3. School Pairing: During this summer training period, Educators get to know the faculty and staff at our schools. They receive their team and school assignments in August.
4. Academic Year Starts: At this point, our Educators are set for the upcoming school year! Each day, our Educators work, pray, and live together as a household, reflect on their mission, and do their part at their schools.
5. Typical Day: A typical day at school could include teaching; helping or tutoring students who need special attention; coaching a sports team; or learning business skills by helping with the marketing and management of the school.
6. After School & Weekends: Depending on their skills and preferences, our Educators also participate in after-school activities such as coaching, tutoring, and mentoring. Apart from monthly half-day retreats, Educators have weekends to themselves to relax and explore Minneapolis & Saint Paul.